Thursday, September 01, 2005

Ultimates 3 Artwork By Joe Madureira

Originally posted on - http://mikemcmahon.blogspot.com. He has the best collection of Joe Madureira art on the net, so be sure to check it out.



This image alone should drain any doubts about Madureira's look not working for the Ultimates.



This looks to be WW2 era Captain America. While I think Hitch's version is definitive, I am also taking a liking to this one.



This might be my favorite one out of these sketches. His Hulk looks very animated.



A Russian Super Spy drawn in a Japanese style, can't beat that.



If you squint your eyes, you can see her. He really shrunk her down.

Keep in mind these are just sketches. Wait until actual cover and interior images start showing and then we'll probably see even better stuff.

5 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger zilla said...

i'm not sure what everyone complaining about - i think the artwork looks fantastic. i'm loving v2 and i can't wait for v3. rock on.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger WonK said...

Complaining?

The art does look good, particularly the perspective on that Hulk drawing. I just wish I had more faith that Joe Madiuera will deliver. It's the stigma of the Image 90's. I wasn' heartened by the way Garza droppped out of Batgirl, and Pearson didn't deliver on the Redbird pages.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Zilla -

I agree, this is going to kick ass. Thanks for reading my blog.

Won -

Let's just hope he has enough lead in time.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Yeah, I can't wait for Joe to be back doing comics. Hopefully the book will start in early 2006.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Jason said...

I'm thinking Marvel will keep this as their Summer 2006 big launch. We still have a good number of Ultimates 2 issues to come out, so they might hold this off till next summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home